Monday, January 6, 2014

Blogging... an attempt to keep at it...

As I reflect on my Blogging goal for 2013 and realize it was not where I wanted it, I am once again, at it for this year.  It may be slightly ironic to think that my last post was on Edmodo, and the motive behind this post comes from a recent Edmodo presentation as well.  Once again, I had an opportunity to share my love for this online social learning network to a group of enthusiastic educators.  I had the privilege to share this love and passion with the Shelby-Rising City staff.  As I hoped, things went well and everyone was engaged and intently working on setting up groups, adding to their library, connecting to Google Drive, exploring the planner and noting class codes.

It was the end of this presentation that was the "gentle" reminder to me of how blogging is important and people DO read it.  As @Mr_Bill_Curry was thanking me and making some concluding remarks, he made reference to my "Callihan's cache" blog.  My immediate thoughts were: "I haven't updated in forever. I didn't think people actually read my blog."  This was just a gentle reminder that things you say and post, whether you think so or not, DO matter to someone.

Whether you are considering blogging yourself or getting students on board with blogging, I highly recommend that you take the plunge.  Blogging has so much potential both educationally and professionally.  If you don't know where to start, here's some simple information.

So here's to 2014 and my attempt to blog myself and encourage others to do the same!

A special thanks to +Brent Catlett and +Craig Badura for being such great Blog models.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,

    Thank you for the mention and shout out! I really appreciate that! I do think blogging is so important for kids and for us as adults. As with anything you do it evolves over time and I know the way I present it to people or introduce it has changed over time as well. I just know / think at this point that there is no right or wrong way of doing it. The bottom line is you just need to do it!
    I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete